Gathering information from historical copies of the DailyFacts newspaper it is possible to piece together the beginnings of the club. In the April 1, 1896 issue is found this note, "There is talk of starting a camera club here." From the April 30, 1896 issue, "The Redlands Camera Club met last evening at the home of W.S. Crawford on the corner of Palm Ave. and Cajon St. About sixteen members of the club were present." The club became fully established with the ratification of a constitution and by-laws on May 14, 1896. In the club's early days, in addition to sharing their work with one another, the club members gave lantern slide shows for the publics’ enjoyment at the YMCA auditorium. Admission was just 15 cents. By March of 1897 the club began meeting in their new rooms above the Union Bank, which included a meeting room, re-toning room and darkroom. The club was off to an exciting beginning with plans to add to their equipment.